If you don’t like being ignored and passed over for promotion, remember this simple advise this week ahead: “REJECT MEDIOCRITY, EMBRACE EXCELLENCE.”
A deliberate decision to embrace excellence is the best way to reject mediocrity. Excellence is a lifestyle and a non- negotiable attitude for all ignited champions. Ignited Champions commit to a never ending improvement and choose repeatedly to reject average decisions, actions and outcomes.
The best way to be magical at work is to become excellent. Being excellent includes all actions, decisions and responses that reflect great quality above the ordinary.
Here are a few ways of demonstrating excellence at work this week ahead:
– Show up at work early and clear your desk so that you can be focused to achieve more results than you did last week.
– Return a client’s call within 24 hours, when your competitors do so within a week.
– Send a thank you note to a colleague, whether junior or senior especially to those who have done something you didn’t expect or were entitled to. Even if you were entitled to it, saying thank you demonstrates excellence. How about a thank you note to your client for doing business with you or simply for their time?
– Keep your desk free of clutter, and organise your personal effects in a way that shows that you are a person that appreciates order. Clutter is mediocre.
– Ensure you meet deadlines without excuses, even when you have good reasons not to meet those deadlines. Adopt a no-excuse policy this Magical Monday. Excuses are for the mediocre majority.
Minding your business, irrespective of who owns the business, i.e. treating your role like it all depends on you, and taking 100% responsibility for ensuring a successful and profitable outcome for your business or employer’s business is a sure fire way to be resoundingly excellent.
“See a man diligent in his ways? He will stand before kings.”
Let your diligence and excellence bring you into the limelight this week.
Be so good that no one can ignore you.
To ignite a Magical Monday: Reject Mediocrity. Embrace Excellence!
Become unstoppable this week ahead.
P.S: We are eagerly looking forward to the leadership and professional development programme: Ignite the Champion Within, scheduled for February 21st/22nd. Don’t miss it. Spaces are fast filling up. VIP passes close this week, and there are just a few remaining spaces. Red passes are now closed.