http://mailchi.mp/8831ee50041a/the-power-of-action?e=037b99c8e6 THE POWER OF ACTION. Ideas are a dime a dozen. After all is said and done, the real reason most people fail to achieve their dreams is because of the gap between dreaming, visioning and taking action. Sometimes, they take incorrect action, irrelevant action, puny size action, inconsistent or slow action.
To change your game, determine to fix all of the following.
1. Take CORRECT action. Ask questions, clarify, gain the right knowledge. Don’t guess or assume. Assumption is the lowest form of knowledge. Don’t assume anything, cross check your facts, and understanding of a course of action, check with the right people. If you have an assignment, don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Make sure you are asking for direction or clarification from the right source. If you are a person of faith, some action will require divine guidance. Don’t hesitate to tap into it. It always makes a difference. Belief is a powerful force.
2. Take RELEVANT action. Make sure it’s action that will contribute to your biggest goal for the period. Eat the right frogs first. Prioritise. Do important things first. Don’t let the tyranny of the urgent overtake the important things. Protect yourself from well meaning colleagues and their sense of what’s urgent. Schedule other people’s priorities into your gaps, not ahead of your own priorities. That’s why you need a list. Do you have one for this week? What are your top 5 priorities?
3. Take ‘MEGA’ action. Make massive moves. Be bold about your movement. Gain momentum by biting ‘choking size’ goals. Eat the massive frogs first. That action that’s likely to change everything- take it. That request for a price review, a salary increase or for the sale that you are afraid to ask for? Ask for it. The bigger and bolder your action, the better.
4. Take CONSISTENT action. Mediocre people start and stop. They take action at best inconsistently. Aren’t diligent. Give up too quickly. This is the month to be spectacular. It starts with action. No compromise. No excuses. No is not even an option. Keep on moving.
5. Take FAST action. B in September is for Blaze ON. It’s a month to blaze new trails. Let’s move with alacrity when an opportunity arises. Don’t put off until tomorrow what can be done today. If an unexpected opportunity comes up, seize the moment with gusto. But remember, there’s a difference between ‘opportunity and distraction’. Know the difference.
To your success. Keep on moving.
Ps. If you like this post and want to learn more, get a copy of my Go Mega business Workbook or the No Nonsense Goals
Ideas are a dime a dozen. After all is said and done, the real reason most people fail to achieve their dreams is because of the gap between dreaming, visioning and taking action. Sometimes, they take incorrect action, irrelevant action, puny size action, inconsistent or slow action.