You Do Not Have, Because You Do Not Ask”~James 4:2
Those who know how to knock on doors will see amazing things happen. This is a very potent key that shockingly people fail to use.
Most people are afraid of rejection, assume they will get a “No” or are simply too lazy to do the homework it takes to ask effectively.
Here is one key thing to note as you get started with asking this month ask with a positive expectation. Assume the answer will be a yes. Now go on to take action.
Knock on some doors today if you are a business person. Knock on your boss’ door if you are an employee. Knock on the door of someone who has something you need today. Knock to be ignited. The world needs ignited people. Ask for what you want from life. Ask the right questions. Ask the right people. Ask for what you desire from God. Ask for an increase. Ask for an upgrade. Ask for a discount. Ask for the sale. Ask. Seek. Knock. Ask and keep asking.
One powerful lesson I have learnt from my mentor Jack Canfield is that WINNERS ASK, ASK, ASK AND ASK SOME MORE. And if they get a “No”, they say “Next!” and so on, until they get a “Yes.”
Anthony Robbins once scoured New York for hours looking for a van, after he had been told that Thanksgiving weekend meant all the vans had been booked. Through the power of persistent asking, he found just the right one. Take a shot today. Ask for what you want. Then expect a positive outcome.
Asking is by far one of the world’s most powerful and yet neglected secrets to success and happiness says one of the world’s self made multimillionaires and philanthropist.
Here are a few things I have asked for recently and hopefully they help you think of a few.
1. I ask my bank routinely to discount my interest rate on loans and increase my interest rate on my deposits. And guess what, I generally get it.
2. I asked a client for an increase in our fees at the end of last year and got it. Perhaps you should ask for a promotion or a salary increase. But make sure you have earned it and can prove it.
3. I ask for friends and family to respect my time when they visit my office. No time wasting if you are not on an appointment. It is disrespectful to those who already pay for my time. If you are an employee, you should also not waste your employer’s time. Ask your friends or colleagues not to “pop” in for a “time wasting chat”.
4. I ask my husband for “Me time” during or after a family holiday so I can catch up on my own inner dialogue. You should invest in me time. It makes you more effective. Consider asking your team or boss to allow you some thinking space when and if you need it. Ask for some flexi-time. You might be surprised.
5. I asked for an extension to a deadline and got it. Try to renegotiate anything that’s not in your favour.
Practice asking for a few non-essential things this week, to test your muscles. Then build up as you gain more confidence to ask for the big ticket items.
Nothing is out of bounds as long as it is appropriate and serves your higher vision. Your mind is the only limit to what you can expect.
Be Ignited. Be Phenomenal.