Ecclesiastes 3:1-2 “for everything there’s an appointed time and a season for every purpose or matter under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die. So what do we do between seasons?
Here’s my simple proposition.
LIVE FULLY. SERVE POWERFULLY. LOVE FIERCELY …DIE EMPTY.
On Sunday November 16th, I had the privilege of teaching an amazing community at “The Waterbook Church” on the topic of “Purpose. Power. Possibilities. as a Tribute to Dr. Myles Munroe.
The central message I shared is summarized as follows.
- Everything has a season and a purpose. There’s a time to die and a time to live and in between we are mandated to live fully on purpose, with power and unlimited possibilities.
- We were originally designed, created, crafted and configured to do good works even before we were born. Greatness is therefore in our DNA. We should commit to greatness.
- We have a responsibility to seek out from our originator our highest calling. It lies within us, within our gifts, our passions and talent.
- Finding and Fulfilling Divine Purpose is the principal thing. Everything else is commentary!
- We must recognize that the death of Myles Munroe is a WAKE UP CALL to us who are living to do exactly as he did – to live fully and having served the divine purpose of God – to be emptied of every solution, every witty invention, all books, all songs, all poems, and every message you were meant to deliver.
SERVE THE GENERATION
Dr Myles Munroe fell asleep after, like David, he had served his generation. My question to you is, how will you serve your generation? Your work is not enough. Running a profitable business just isn’t enough. Does the profit have a higher purpose? Here are a few options to serving:
– You must reach within your deepest resources and unleash the treasures deep within you. You should find ways to increase your service to your community and nation.
– You should start teaching your staff and colleagues, share the knowledge you have, spread encouraging news, share this newsletter, write articles for your local newspapers, write a book, record a music album. Become a good steward of your treasures. Don’t die with them unreleased!
PURPOSE IS INCONVENIENT
There will never be a convenient time. Just ask Mary, whose life was interrupted to birth the most important gift of the world. Oh my gosh, imagine if Mary was too embarrassed by this task and refused to birth our Lord and Saviour. What a tragedy that would have been.
Your work and business are not enough excuses, neither is your family. You have a responsibility to become a significant contributor to the human race, not just part of the census figures.
My charge to you dear friends, is simply – “whatever treasures you are carrying for your generation, the time to release them is NOW”
Stay purposeful, for therein lies the power for unlimited possibilities in life, at work and in your business