What a blessing to be alive and able to embrace a new month, dear Ignited Friends. There is definitely something special about this month of June.
Why The Month Of June Is Special
– Do you know that this June is the only month in the whole of 2014 that will start on a Sunday- officially the first day of the week? This reminds me of new beginnings, and fresh perspectives.
– June incidentally is the first month in the year that starts with a J, after January. Interesting that the first month of the year starts with a J- (recall our theme of JUST DO IT JANUARY?)
– June being the midpoint in the year, it’s a good thing to review and recalibrate.
As the midpoint is a great J- let’s JUMP FOR JOY, this JUBILANT JUNE.
Could this be an opportunity to reflect on the many blessings and challenges the year has brought so far? To acknowledge and celebrate the good things, understand what didn’t work and what requires changing or tweaking, and a time to invest in a plan to prepare yourself for a successful mid to year end?
Like a friend said this weekend, sometimes it’s NOT our circumstances that need to change, it’s our perspective. I totally agree with her, and dare you to look back from January until now and see all you have to be grateful for. I’ll bet you have many clues of success already.
Success Leaves Clues: Practical Tips for Finding Them
Here’s a simple exercise I do at the end of every month, and I invite you to try it. It helps shape your perspective and allows you see clearly what opportunities lie ahead.
1. What am I grateful for? Write a list of every good thing -big and small that happened to and for you in the last month. Or from the beginning of the year. (If you don’t recall, check your diary).
– At work. New clients, new bills paid, new team members, resolved a long standing client problem?
– At home. Cleaned your room, settled an old debt, fight or mended a relationship issue? Your teenage daughter/son finally answered in more than a mono syllable? Had dinner with family?
– Your personal life. Lost some weight, maintained your positive outlook? Attended a program, a course, spoke at an event, wrote a blog post, article, taught Sunday school, was recognised for something?
2. What could I have done better? What didn’t work out? Why? What can I do to change the outcome? Who or what do I need to help me change my outcomes?
If I don’t do this simple exercise, as a perfectionist, I tend to feel like things are not going great, but whenever I do the exercise, I am usually amazed at how much great stuff happened. The fact is we all have something to be grateful for. And deliberately assessing and recognising your small and big wins/blessings opens you up in many ways to embrace a brand new month with fresh hope and energy. Reason enough to be Jubilant this June if you ask me.
I am absolutely confident that great things will happen for you in June.
To your success.
Ps. Here’s my special Jubilant June video message to help shape your perspective.
Enjoy the short 2-minute video and please share with as many people as you can. You can make the world a happier place. You will be amazed how many people need a reminder of their greatness. Depression and Anxiety is on the rise with all that’s going on in the world. We all could use some Inspiration.
Stay Blessed, Inspired and truly Joyous in June.
Excerpts from video:
- JUMP. Jump for joy as we approach what could become a great opportunity to review your progress, recalibrate, and reignite yourself. Be jubilant. Expect a great half year report.
- UNDERSTAND. Understand that obstacles will come to strengthen and test your desire. Embrace them with faith and determination.
- NOURISH YOURSELF. Nourish your spirit, mind and body daily.
- ENCOURAGE YOURSELF daily. Like my Facebook page for daily inspiration.