A recent survey by wealth guru Tom Corley found that 67 per cent of wealthy people watch an hour or less of TV each day, and that 86% of the wealthy love to read as opposed to 26% of poor.
Ignited Tycoons cut TV time to the barest minimum and instead invest time in reading to expand their minds. I have often shared one of the reasons why I believe that money grows on trees: Ideas are usually contained in books, and books are made from trees.
Books do more for you than TV shows and movies do, and it’s not just about ideas. Here are 3 top reasons to cultivate a reading culture:
• Unlike television which mostly requires you to visually follow pictures created for you, reading is an active mental process. Reading expands your mind, improves your vocabulary and keeps your cognitive abilities sharp. Simply put, reading makes you use your brain, causing you to think and imagine more, thereby making you smarter.
• Reading improves your concentration. The concentration required in order to read will, over time, lead to a better you; like a muscle, you will get better at concentration the more you read.
• By reading more books, you become better informed and more of an expert on the topics you read about. When people realize how well read you are, they will increasingly look to you for answers. Your feelings about yourself can only get better as this expertise and ability to influence others positively translates into higher self esteem.
Making time to read is something we all recognise as a good practice, but who schedules book reading time every week? Ignited tycoons do, and that’s the difference between them and average business owners. Improve your bottom line this year by adding book reading to your schedule and sticking to it.
Here are 10 books that I love and I highly recommend for all who are on the path to becoming Ignited Tycoons. I hope they will ignite your life as they have mine:
1. The Bible NKJV/AMP
2. Success Principles by Jack Canfield
3. As a Man Thinketh by Napoleon Hill
4. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
5. The Rich Switch by David Hooper
6. E-Myth by Michael Gerber
7. The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
8. Blue Ocean Strategy by Renée Mauborgne and W. Chan Kim
9. Sun Stand Still: What Happens When You Dare to Ask God for the Impossible by Steven Furtick
10. Think Like a Billionaire (Donald Trump)
Ignited Tycoons don’t just flip through books – they really read them. Why not let reading inspire you to become an Ignited Tycoon?